People can also register using the Aarogya Setu app and the CoWin platform where a person has to provide some basic details to get on the waiting list for the vaccine shot. Here is all you need to know about the registration process:
Where can you register for the vaccination?
All eligible citizens can register online and book an appointment through the CoWin portal. You may visit – https://www.CoWin.gov.in/home
How to register on CoWin platform?
- Click on ‘Register/Sign in yourself’
- Enter valid mobile number. Click on ‘Get OTP’
- Enter the OTP within 180 seconds and click on ‘Verify’
- Once the OTP is validated, the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page appears
- Enter required details such as name, photo ID proof & number, age & gender
- Click ‘Register’ at the bottom right
- You will receive a confirmation message upon successful registration
CoWin: How to register multiple people on same mobile number?
- Once registration of one person is completed; the system will show ‘Account Details’
- You can further add 3 more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on ‘add more’
- You can delete individuals linked with the mobile number by clicking on the trash icon
CoWin: How to schedule vaccine appointment
After you have registered on CoWin, you will have to schedule an appointment to get the vaccination at a centre and time of your choice, depending on the availability of slots.
- You can schedule an appointment from the ‘Account Details’ page
- Click on ‘Schedule’ for booking vaccination appointment
- System navigates to ‘Book Appointment for Vaccination’ page
- Search the vaccination centre of choice by district or pin code
- On clicking any centre at the panel, the available slots (date and capacity) will be displayed
- Select a time slot of your choice
- Click on ‘Book’, then ‘Appointment Confirmation’ page will be displayed
- Click ‘
Confirm‘ after verifying details
- Once confirmed, ‘Appointment Successful’ message will be displayed
- You will receive SMS on registered mobile number about the due date, place and time of vaccination
How to register on Aarogya Setu app?
- Open ‘Aarogya Setu’ app
- Click on the CoWin tab on home screen
- Select ‘Vaccination Registration’ and enter mobile number
- You ll receive an OTP on your mobile, enter it on site
- Once your mobile number is verified, enter your details and click ‘Register’
- To schedule an appointment, click on ‘Schedule’ next to person’s name
- An SMS on your registered mob number will be sent with appointment details
What documents are required for the registration of eligible beneficiary?
Any of the below-mentioned ID with photo may be produced at the time of registration:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
- Pension Document
- Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./ Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID